Statement of Faith
The following is Article IV of the Constitution & Bylaws of The Church, effective March 1, 1978.
1. We believe in one God: Father, Son, & Holy Spirit - Creator of all things.
2. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, God's only begotten Son, was conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, was crucified, died, buried, resurrected, and ascended into Heaven and is now at the right hand of God the Father, who is true God and true man.
3. We believe in the Bible in it's entirety to be the inspired Word of God and the infallible rule of faith and conduct.
4. We believe in the resurrection of the dead, the eternal happiness of the saved, and the eternal punishment of the lost.
5. We believe in personal salvation of believers through the shed blood of Jesus.
6. We believe in sanctification through the Word of God by the Holy Spirit and in the personal holiness of heart and life.
7. We believe in divine healing through faith in the name of Jesus Christ, and that healing is included in the atonement.
8. We believe in water baptism and the Baptism of the Holy Spirit as distinct from the New Birth, in speaking with tongues as the Spirit of God gives utterance, in the gifts of the Spirit, and the evidence of the fruit of the Spirit. We believe all these are valuable to the believer.
9. We believe in the Christian's hope. . .the soon coming personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ (for His Church).
10. We believe in evangelism and missionary work in accordance with the Great Commission.
The following is a portion of Article VI, Membership Standards
1. Evidence of a genuine experience in regeneration by the New Birth.
2. Evidence of a consistent Christian life.
3. Fully subscribed to the tenants of faith.
4. Willingness to contribute regularly to the support of the Church according to his or her ability.
5. Members who are under age 16 shall be considered associate members and have full spiritual fellowship privileges but shall not have a voice in the government of the church.
Biblical Ways of Worship
THE WORSHIP OF GOD… “thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and Him only shalt thou serve.” (Matthew 4:10) “O come let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the Lord our maker.” (Psalm 95:6) “For we are the circumcision, which worship God in Spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus and have no confidence in the flesh.” (Philippians 3:3)
THE CLAPPING OF HANDS, AND AUDIBLE PRAISE TO GOD...
“O clap your hands, all ye people; shout unto God with a voice of triumph.” (Psalm 47:1) “By Him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to His name.” (Hebrews 13:15)
THE USE OF MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS, AND DANCING UNTO THE LORD...
“ Praise Him with the sound of the trumpet; praise Him with the psaltry and harp. Praise Him with the timbrel and dance. Praise Him with stringed instruments and organs. Praise Him upon cymbals. Praise Him upon the high sounding cymbals.” (Psalm 150:3-5) “Let them praise His name in the dance: Let them sing praises unto Him with timbrel and harp.” (Psalm 149:3)
THE LIFTING OF HOLY HANDS…
“Thus will I bless Thee while I live: I will lift up my hands in Thy name.” (Psalm 63:4) “Lift up your hands in the sanctuary, and bless the Lord.” (Psalm 134:2) “I will therefore that men pray everywhere, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting.” (1 Timothy 2:8)
THE LAYING ON OF HANDS, AND ANOINTING WITH OIL…
“They shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.” (Mark 16:18) “Is any sick among you? Let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord.” (James 5:14)
THE SPEAKING AND SINGING IN TONGUES AND IN ENGLISH…
”For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful. What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.” (1 Corinthians 14:14 -15)
THE INTERPRETATION OF TONGUES AND PROPHECY…
”But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal...To another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues.” (1 Corinthians 12:7, 10)
“But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort.” (1 Corinthians 14:5)
Click here for the Marriage Policy of The Lighthouse Church.